Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Zatoichi

What this movie excellent or what? I loved it.
I'd actually never seen a true Samurai film (KB vol1 doesn't count) before tonight, and I loved this one.
The story was really good showing the backgrounds of almost all the characters, which were a lot.
The sounds in the movie were also excellent from the sword cutting flesh to the little music numbers of those guys working in the contruction or playing in the mud.
I loved how the blood was really exaggerated like in KB, though the visual effects were not as good. And I really would've liked the final showdown between Zatoichi and Hattori was longer.

What really surprised me was the comedy in the movie. There were more comedic scenes that fights I think. And they were hilarious.
Finally, the ending was awesome with that tap-dance number.
Can't wait to see Takeshi Kitano continue the The Blind Swordman's series.