Friday, July 30, 2004

The Chronicles of Riddick

I saw the previews of this movie a long time ago. Then it came out at the beggining of the summer, and since I've never seen Pitch Black, to which Riddick is the sequel to, I wasn't too excited to see it. It kind of flopped in the Box Office, and reports said it wasn't as good as Pitch Black, and that it wasn't worth seeing. Specially cause of the horrible acting by Thandy Newton.
Anyway, I didn't see it.

Now they opened it in the Venture Cinemas here a few blocks away from home, and they have the movies at $1 so I decided to check it out even though I still haven't seen Pitch Black.

I haven't mentioned that Vin Diesel is the star of the movie, basically cause he's good in it. the rest is the bad. Specially Thandy Newton. She's really bad.
The rest of the cast is ok. Dame Judy Dench and Karl Urban are very good. Specially Urban who has lots more to do than Dench.

My other problem was the story. It was very confusing at parts. And the way it finished didn't make sense for the future.
I don't know. Maybe is cause I haven't seen Pitch Black, but after seen Riddick, I don't care.