Thursday, July 29, 2004

A Home at the End of the World

Hey guys, I just got back from a screening of the indie A Home at the End of the World, the new Collin Farrell movie with Dallas Roberts, Robin Wright Penn and Sissy Spacek.
The Movie is really good. Really good.

Before going on commenting the performances, I'd like to point out that this is the movie in which they cut the scene where Collin's penis was shown in one scene. I don't think that leaving that scene would get them a N-17 rating so they should've let it in. Women would like it and it wasn't in a sex scene or anything like that.

Collin Farrell is very good in the movie. The actor portraying his character in his teens is very good too. And yeah, the kid too.

Dallas Roberts, I didn't know him before this movie, and he's very good here.

Sissy Spacek is very good, she has just a few scenes but she's great. Specially in her first scene when she is with the boys smoking. It's a very funny and uncomfortable scene. Very nice done.
I'd say her performance is worthy of an Oscar nomination, if it wasn't for the other supporting actress in the movie.

Yes, Robin Wright Penn has the best performance in the movie. I loved her.
She reminded me of an older version (if she wouldn't have died) of her excellent Jenny in Forrest Gump.
I would love to see her nominated now since she wasn't for Forrest.

I haven't mentioned yet that Collin's and Dallas' characters are gay. And there are more than a few gay scenes which only add to their excellent performances though there's one in special that is a bit uncomfortable to watch but I can live with it.

See it if you like small movies with great performances. I really liked it.