Sunday, July 18, 2004

Kill Bill volume 2 (2nd Time)

Yep. Tonight I decided to go see Kill Bill 2 again. The Best Movie of the Year so far, tied with Eternal Sunshine IMO.
 
Anyway, I reviewed the movie when I watched it the first time so here goes my review again. I'm also posting my Kill Bill vol1 review before vol2's review so you guys know how I feel about the whole masterpiece by QT.
 
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Kill Bill Volume 1 Review:
 
Before December, and the final chapter of the Lord of the Rings Trilogy, KB vol1 was the Best Movie of the Year. A Masterpiece that Quentin Tarantino had put together based on "The Bride", a character he and Uma Thurman created.
 
The Fights: awesome, blood everywhere. Arms, legs and heads cut off like that. There's an EYE taken off from a dude's face. There are body parts getting crushed. And more blood, more blood and more blood.
 
The Music: classic. There are songs from totally different cultures. There's the classic horn from the Clint Eastwood westerns when he was facing the top bad guys. Extensive and incredibly loud.
 
The Cinematography: there's normal filming, then you have black and white, and you also have a manga story in there. Excellent.
 
The Acting/Characters: this is total class. Everybody is amazing in the acting department, and the characters are totally great. My favs that I love are The Bride, "Go Go" the Japanese School Girl, and Sonny Chiba (The Legend) that's the guy that makes The Bride's sword. The one eyed girl (Darryl Hannah) looks like an awesome character that's gonna be more active in Vol 2, Lucy Liu's is also great but I preffered her bodyguard over her, and Bill, the title guy, he doesn't even appear in this one, and well, its not surprise cause he's also not "killed" now cause he has to be in the next movie. The knife fight we see in the trailer between Uma and Vivica A. Fox is excellent. To death. There's one more guy from the 4 Deadly Vipers thats Michael Madsen, but he's just a few minutes in the movie and just 1 line. We'll see him and Darryll Hannah in vol2.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Kill Bill Volume 2 Review:
 
Music and Sound: awesome again. One of the best you'll here ever in a movie. Tarantino obviously knows what he's doing. What a genius.
 
The Fights: tremendous. No all the blood shown in volume 1, but this time they're classier. And without spoiling anything, I have to say that I still can't decide which kill was better, Elle Driver's or Bill's. Both were FUCKING AMAZING!
 
Pai Mei: the whole training with Pai Mei was excellent, and hillarious. Everytime he grabbed his beard I couldn't stop laughing. Excellent.
 
The Hidden Gem: watch (or listen carefully) for someone very special in the wedding massacre scene. Just 2 words: BAD MOTHERFUCKER.
 
So yeah, this movie is so good it hurts. My Rating: 10 out of 10.
Tarantino is a GOD.
 
Notes after second viewing [Contains SPOILERS]:
Bill's death is way better than Elle's now. The five-point palm exploding heart technique is excellent. I wasn't it expecting it the first time I saw the movie I have to say and it's great. I want to learn it!. Elle's eye being crushed by The Bride's foot is great too but I didn't care as much for Elle as I did for Bill. For a second there I wished he wouldn't die, but I wanted The Bride to kill him too. I loved both of them.
 
Bill is an awesome character. As I watched him talk, first while out next to the fire with The Bride, then with his (and The Bride's) daughter, and finally fith Uma's The Bride, I was happy. His way of talk is awesome and all his says was captivating. His Superman speech is excellent.
 
I felt that final chapter in the movie, being since The Bride arrives to the house until the credits (included) roll, is the best of the best. Those scenes are what makes this movie so good.