Saturday, July 24, 2004

Fight Club

I know the first and second rules of Fight Club (Edward Norton, Brad Pitt) say I can't talk about it, but it's so a fucking awesome movie that I can't stop now :)

I'd never seen Fight Club in the big screen before today and a few weeks ago when I learned that Landmark's Midtown Art Cinema was starting a series of midnight cult classics, and that Fight Club was one of them, I immediately said, "I'm fucking there!".

And so I went, and it was awesome. Not much I can say about the movie other than it was original (except for the book :p ) when it got released and it's one of those Cult Classics we all love.
Brad Pitt is at his best here and Edward Norton is the genius he always is.
I've never liked Helena Bonham-Carter and still don't like her much but she plays her part really well here.

The whole movie is an awesome ride with a shocking ending that by now pretty much everybody knows about but you still're going to check every scene to detail to see if they played it right.

 
Landmark is also showing Fast Times at Ridgemont High, Office Space, and Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas so I hope I'll check some of those too in the upcoming weeks.

Next week I already got advance screenings for 'Without a Paddle' on Tuesday (though it's supposed to be bad and I'm sure if I'm going), 'Metallica: Some Kind of Monster' on Wednesday (yeah I'm going) and the I have 'The Village' and 'A Home at the End of the World' both on Thursday and I think I'm going to the Home screening cause I probably won't pay to see it normally and there's no way I'm missing 'The Village' so no problem in paying for that one :)

Tomorrow I have a wedding to go to late at night and I think I'm going to spend the afternoon watching my recently purchased Complete Season of Freaks & Geeks on DVD :)