Tuesday, June 14, 2005

The Perfect Man


Awful. That's the only way to describe Hilary Duff's latest, The Perfect Man, a movie about Holly, a teenage girl tired to move from city to city every time her mom gets her heart broken and so she decided to make up a perfect guy and write letters and email her mom pretending to be him. It sounds like the excellent drama Dear Frankie, but comedic, and with the lamest dialogue ever written (thanks Gina Wendkos!) with some of the cheesiest line delivery (thanks director Mark Rosman for such a lazy job). Again, awful.

Besides Duff (who's totally hot and has big breasts but I just realized she has no ass at all), Heather Locklear is in the movie too and she plays mom Jean. I like Heather Locklear, and when the movie started I thought she would have a crazy performance that could save the movie, but nope, she sucks too, probably because it's Hilary's movie and there's no way they were going to let Heather steal the show, which none of the other castmembers gets to do either despite being there just for that, steal the show with their small roles.
They are Aria Wallace who plays little sister Zoe. She's totally cute but gets so little to do that she's probably the most wasted kid in a really supporting performance I've seen in a long time. Then Chris Noth, who follows up Sex and the City playing Ben here, the man in which Holly bases the perfect guy on. He's the uncle of a friend of Holly's. Another wasted performance (though nothing original) is Carson Kressley (from Queer Eye for the Straight Guy) who plays a gay waiter in Ben's restaurant.

And so after 100 minutes of pain, The Perfect Man finally ended and I can go on with my life, though I know I will put myself through something like this again in the future, since I also watched Hilary's last year's movie Raise your Voice which was another horrible movie. So Hilary, please, while I still like you, either stop acting or start making better selection of the movies you make, cause just like other teen princess like Mandy Moore (who I really like as an actress), you'll get better and someday make good movies. Good luck.